33 CFR 162.132 - Connecting waters from Lake Huron to Lake Erie; communications rules.
(1) Channel 11 (156.55 mhz) between Lake Huron Cut Lighted Buoy 11 and Lake St. Clair Light; and
(2) Channel 12 (156.60 mhz) between Lake St. Clair Light and Detroit River Light.
(b)Radiotelephone equipment. Reports required by this section shall be made by the master using a radiotelephone capable of operation on a vessel's navigation bridge, or in the case of a dredge, from its main control station.
(c)English language. Reports required by this section shall be made in the English language.
|Downbound vessels||Reporting points||Upbound vessels|
|Report||30 Minutes North of Lake Huron Cut|
|Lighted Horn Buoy “11”|
|Report||Lake Huron Cut Light “7”|
|Lake Huron Cut Lighted Buoy “1”||Report.|
|Report||St. Clair/Black River Junction Light||Report.|
|Stag Island Upper Light||Report.|
|Report||Marine City Salt Dock Light||Report.|
|Report||Grande Pointe Light “23”|
|St. Clair Flats Canal Light “2”||Report.|
|Report||Lake St. Clair Light||Report.|
|Report||Belle Isle Light|
|Report||Grassy Island Light||Report.|
|Report||Detroit River Light||Report.|
(f)Additional traffic reports.
(1) A report shall be made upon leaving any dock, mooring, or anchorage, in the Detroit River, Lake St. Clair, and the St. Clair River except for -
(i) Ferries on regular runs; and
(2) A report shall be made before maneuvering to come about.
(3) A report shall be made -
(i) 20 minutes before entering or departing the River Rouge; and
(ii) Immediately before entering or departing the River Rouge.
(1) Any condition on the vessel that may impair its navigation, including but not limited to: fire, defective steering equipment, or defective propulsion machinery.
(2) Any tow that the towing vessel is unable to control, or can control only with difficulty.
(h)Exemptions. Compliance with this section is not required when a vessel's radiotelphone equipment has failed.
Title 33 published on 03-May-2017 03:57
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 162 after this date.