§ 162.195Santa Monica Bay, Calif.; restricted area.
(a)The area. The waters of the Pacific Ocean, Santa Monica Bay, in an area extending seaward from the shoreline a distance of about 5 nautical miles (normal to the shoreline) and basically outlined as follows:
(1) Vessels shall not anchor within the area at any time without permission.
(2) Dredging, dragging, seining, or other fishing operations which might foul underwater installations within the area are prohibited.
(3) All vessels entering the area, other than vessels operated by or for the United States, the State of California, the county of Los Angeles, or the city of Los Angeles, shall proceed across the area by the most direct route and without unnecessary delay. The area will be open and unrestricted to small recreational craft for recreational activities at all times.
(4) The placing of bouys, markers, or other devices requiring anchors will not be permitted.
(5) The city of Los Angeles will maintain a patrol of the area as needed.
Title 33 published on 2014-07-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.