33 CFR § 165.903 - Safety Zones: Cuyahoga River and Old River, Cleveland, OH.
(a)Location. The waters of the Cuyahoga River and the Old River extending ten feet into the river at the following eleven locations, including the adjacent shorelines, are safety zones, coordinates for which are based on NAD 83.
(1) From the point where the shoreline intersects longitude 81°42′24.5″ W, which is the southern side of the Norfolk and Southern No. 1 railroad bridge, southeasterly along the shore for six hundred (600) feet to the point where the shoreline intersects longitude 81°42′24.5″ W, which is the Holy Moses Water Taxi Landing at Fado's Restaurant.
(2) One hundred (100) feet downriver to one hundred (100) feet upriver from 41 degrees 29′53.5″ N, 81 degrees 42′33.5″ W, which is the knuckle on the north side of the Old River entrance at Ontario Stone.
(3) Fifty (50) feet downriver to fifty (50) feet upriver from 41 degrees 29′48.4″ N, 81 degrees 42′44″ W, which is the knuckle adjacent to the Ontario Stone warehouse on the south side of the Old River.
(4) From 41 degrees 29′51.1″ N, 81 degrees 42′32.0″ W, which is the corner of Christie's Cabaret pier at Sycamore Slip on the Old River, to fifty (50) feet east of 41 degrees 29′55.1″ N, 81 degrees 42′27.6″ W, which is the north point of the pier at Shooter's Restaurant on the Cuyahoga River.
(5) Twenty-five (25) feet downriver to twenty-five (25) feet upriver of 41 degrees 29′48.9″ N, 81 degrees 42′10.7″ W, which is the knuckle toward the downriver corner of the Nautica Stage.
(6) Ten (10) feet downriver to ten (10) feet upriver of 41 degrees 29′45.5″ N, 81 degrees 42′9.7″ W, which is the knuckle toward the upriver corner of the Nautica Stage.
(7) The fender on the west bank of the river at 41 degrees 29′45.2″ N, 81 degrees 42.10″ W, which is the knuckle at Bascule Bridge (railroad).
(8) The two hundred seventy (270) foot section on the east bank of the river between the Columbus Road bridge (41 degrees 29′18.8″ N, 81 degrees 42′02.3W) downriver to the chain link fence at the upriver end of the Commodores Club Marina.
(9) Fifty (50) feet downriver of twenty-five (25) feet upriver from 41 degrees 29′24.5″ N, 81 degrees 41′57.2″ W, which is the knuckle at the Upriver Marine fuel pump.
(10) Seventy-five (75) feet downriver to seventy-five (75) feet upriver from 41 degrees 29′33.7″ N, 81 degrees 41′57.5″ W. which is the knuckle adjacent to the warehouse at Alpha Precast Products (United Ready Mix).
(11) Fifteen (15) feet downriver to fifteen (15) feet upriver from 41 degrees 29′41″ N, 81 degrees 41′38.6″ W, which is the end of the chain link fence between The Club Mega and Shippers C & D.
(2)Exceptions. Any vessel may transit, but not moor, stand or anchor in, the foregoing zones as necessary to comply with the Inland Navigation Rules or to otherwise facilitate safe navigation. Cargo vessels of 1600 gross tons (GT) or greater may moor in these zones when conducting cargo transfer operations.
(3)Waivers. Owners or operators of docks wishing a partial waiver of these regulations may apply to the Captain of the Port, Cleveland, Ohio. Partial waivers will only be considered to allow for the mooring of vessels in a safety zone when vessels of 1600 GT on greater are not navigating in the proximate area. Any requests for a waiver must include a plan to ensure immediate removal of any vessels moored in a safety zone upon the approach of a vessel(s) 1600 GTs or greater.