(a) Each manufacturer who makes an initial report required by § 179.13 shall submit a follow-up report to the Commandant by certified mail within 60 days after the initial report. The follow-up report must contain at least the following information:
(1) A positive identification of the initial report;
(2) The number of units in which the defect was discovered as of the date of the follow-up report;
(3) The number of units in which corrective action has been completed as of the date of the follow-up report;
(4) The number of first purchasers not notified because of an out-of-date name or address, or both; and
(5) An updating of the information required by § 179.13.
(b) Each manufacturer shall submit any additional follow-up reports requested by the Commandant.
Title 33 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 33.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.