33 CFR § 183.514 - Fuel tanks: Labels.
(a) Each fuel tank must have a label that meets the requirements of paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section.
(b) Each label required by paragraph (a) of this section must contain the following information:
(1) Fuel tank manufacturer's name (or logo) and address.
(2) Month (or lot number) and year of manufacture.
(3) Capacity in U.S. gallons.
(4) Material of construction.
(5) The pressure the tank is designed to withstand without leaking.
(6) Model number, if applicable.
(7) The statement, “This tank has been tested under 33 CFR 183.510(a).”
(c) Each letter and each number on a label must:
(1) Be at least 1/16 inch high and
(2) Contrast with the basic color of the label or be embossed on the label.
(d) Each label must:
(1) Withstand the combined effects of exposure to water, oil, salt spray, direct sunlight, heat, cold, and wear expected in normal operation of the boat, without loss of legibility; and
(2) Resist efforts to remove or alter the information on the label without leaving some obvious sign of such efforts.