33 CFR 20.306 - Computation of time.
(a) We compute time periods as follows:
(1) We do not include the first day of the period.
(2) If the last day of the period is a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday, we extend the period to the next business day.
(3) If the period is 7 days or less, we do not include Saturdays, Sundays, or Federal holidays.
(b) If you were served a document (by domestic mail) that requires or permits a response, you may add 3 days to any period for response.
(c) If you need additional time to file a response, follow the rules in these tables.
(1) You may request an extension -
Table 20.306(c)(1) - How to Request an Extension
|If the response period -||By -|
|Has not expired||Telephone, letter, or motion.|
|Has expired||Only by motion describing why the failure to file was excusable.|
(2) You file your request as follows:
Table 20.306(c)(2) - Where to File an Extension Request
|If -||Then you file your request with the -|
|An ALJ has not been assigned||Hearing Docket Clerk.|
|An ALJ has been assigned||ALJ.|
|Your case is on appeal||Hearing Docket Clerk.|
Title 33 published on 08-Jun-2018 03:48
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 20 after this date.