33 CFR 211.11 - Sale or salvage of buildings, improvements, or crops.

§ 211.11 Sale or salvage of buildings, improvements, or crops.
(a) Authority of law. When any property (except land) which has been heretofore or may be hereafter purchased or acquired for the improvement of rivers and harbors or for flood control work is no longer needed, or is no longer serviceable, it may be sold in such manner as the Secretary of the Army may direct and the proceeds credited to the appropriation for the work for which it was purchased or acquired. (Section 5, act of June 13, 1902 (32 Stat. 373; 33 U.S.C. 558), as extended by section 3, act of March 1, 1917 (39 Stat. 450; 33 U.S.C. 701).)
(b) Division Engineers. Sales are conducted by the Division Engineers, Corps of Engineers.
(c) Removal of buildings, improvements, or crops other than by sale. If the buildings, improvements, or crops cannot be sold, they may be salvaged or razed as a part of the work under the project if they are in the way of new construction or interfere with the efficient operation of the project.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.

This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
Statutes at Large