33 CFR 50.3 - Request for review.
(a) Any member or former member of the Coast Guard who is retired or released to inactive service, without pay, for a physical disability, pursuant to the decision of a Coast Guard retiring board, may request a review of the findings and decision of the retiring board.
(b) An application requesting a review must be in writing and shall be addressed to the Retiring Review Board, Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington D.C. 20226. Forms for application for review will be provided upon request.
(c) An application requesting a review shall contain:
(1) The full name of the applicant;
(2) The mailing address of the applicant;
(3) A brief statement setting out the basis of the request for review, showing in general the nature of error or inequity believed to have occurred in the findings and decision of the retiring board;
(4) The corrective action requested;
(5) Whether the applicant desires to appear before the Board in person;
(6) Whether the applicant will be represented by counsel, and if so, the name and address of counsel.
(d) No request for review shall be valid, and the Board will not consider an application, unless filed within fifteen years after the date of retirement for disability, or after the effective date of the act of June 22, 1944, whichever is the later.