34 CFR 200.12 - Single statewide accountability system.
(1) Each State must describe in its State plan under section 1111 of the Act that the State has developed and will implement a single, statewide accountability system that meets all requirements under paragraph (b) of this section in order to improve student academic achievement and school success among all public elementary and secondary schools, including public charter schools.
(2) A State that submits an individual program State plan for subpart A of this part under § 299.13(j) must meet all application requirements in § 299.17.
(b) The State's accountability system must -
(2) Be informed by the State's ambitious long-term goals and measurements of interim progress under § 200.13;
(3) Include all indicators under § 200.14;
(4) Take into account the achievement of all public elementary and secondary school students, consistent with §§ 200.15 through 200.17 and 200.20;
(5) Be the same accountability system the State uses to annually meaningfully differentiate all public schools, including public charter schools, in the State under § 200.18, and to identify schools for comprehensive and targeted support and improvement under § 200.19; and
(6) Include the process the State will use to ensure effective development and implementation of school support and improvement plans, including evidence-based interventions, to hold all public schools, including public charter schools, accountable for student academic achievement and school success consistent with §§ 200.21 through 200.24.
(1) The accountability provisions under this section must be overseen for public charter schools in accordance with State charter school law.
(2) In meeting the requirements of this section, if an authorized public chartering agency, consistent with State charter school law, acts to decline to renew or to revoke a charter for a particular charter school, the decision of the agency to do so supersedes any notification from the State that such a school must implement a comprehensive support and improvement plan or targeted support and improvement plan under §§ 200.21 or 200.22, respectively.
Title 34 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 200 after this date.