34 CFR 200.36 - Postsecondary enrollment.
(a)Reporting information on postsecondary enrollment.
(1) Each State and LEA report card must include the information at the SEA, LEA and high school level on postsecondary enrollment required under section 1111(h)(1)(C)(xiii) of the Act, where available, consistent with paragraph (c) of this section. This information must include, for each high school in the State (in the case of a State report card) and for each high school in the LEA (in the case of an LEA report card), the cohort rate (for all students and each subgroup of students described in section § 200.16(a)(2)) at which students who graduate from high school enroll in programs of postsecondary education, including -
(i) Programs of public postsecondary education in the State; and
(ii) If data are available and to the extent practicable, programs of private postsecondary education in the State or public and private programs of postsecondary education outside the State.
(2) For the purposes of this section, “programs of postsecondary education” has the same meaning as the term “institution of higher education” under section 101(a) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
(b)Calculating postsecondary enrollment. To meet the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, each State and LEA must calculate the cohort rate in the following manner:
(1) The numerator must consist of the number of students who enroll in a program of postsecondary education in the academic year following the students' high school graduation.
(2) The denominator must consist of the number of students who graduated with a regular high school diploma or a State-defined alternate diploma from each high school in the State, in accordance with § 200.34, in the immediately preceding school year.
(1) For the purpose of paragraph (a) of this section, information is “available” if either -
(i) The State is routinely obtaining the information; or
(ii) The information is obtainable by the State on a routine basis.
(2) If the postsecondary enrollment information described in paragraph (a) of this section is not available or is partially available, the State and LEA report cards must include the school year in which such information is expected to be fully available.