34 CFR 200.37 - Educator qualifications.
(a)Professional qualifications of educators in the State. Each State and LEA report card must include, in the aggregate and disaggregated by high-poverty and low-poverty schools, the number and percentage of the following:
(1) Inexperienced teachers, principals, and other school leaders;
(2) Teachers teaching with emergency or provisional credentials; and
(3) Teachers who are not teaching in the subject or field for which the teacher is certified or licensed.
(b)Uniform definitions. For purposes of paragraph (a) of this section, the following definitions apply:
(1) “High-poverty schools” means schools in the top quartile of poverty in the State;
(2) “Low-poverty schools” means schools in the bottom quartile of poverty in the State; and
(3) Each State must adopt, and the State and each LEA in the State must use, a statewide definition of the term “inexperienced” and of the phrase “not teaching in the subject or field for which the teacher is certified or licensed.”