34 CFR 200.40 - Technical assistance.
(a) An LEA that identifies a school for improvement under § 200.32 must ensure that the school receives technical assistance as the school develops and implements its improvement plan under § 200.41 and throughout the plan's duration.
(b) The LEA may arrange for the technical assistance to be provided by one or more of the following:
(1) The LEA through the statewide system of school support and recognition described under section 1117 of the ESEA.
(2) The SEA.
(3) An institution of higher education that is in full compliance with all of the reporting provisions of Title II of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
(4) A private not-for-profit organization, a private for-profit organization, an educational service agency, or another entity with experience in helping schools improve academic achievement.
(c) The technical assistance must include the following:
(1) Assistance in analyzing data from the State assessment system, and other examples of student work, to identify and develop solutions to problems in -
(ii) Implementing the requirements for parental involvement and professional development under this subpart; and
(iii) Implementing the school plan, including LEA- and school-level responsibilities under the plan.
(2) Assistance in identifying and implementing professional development and instructional strategies and methods that have proved effective, through scientifically based research, in addressing the specific instructional issues that caused the LEA to identify the school for improvement.
(3) Assistance in analyzing and revising the school's budget so that the school allocates its resources more effectively to the activities most likely to -
(i) Increase student academic achievement; and
(ii) Remove the school from school improvement status.
(d) Technical assistance provided under this section must be based on scientifically based research.
Title 34 published on 13-Sep-2017 03:59
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 200 after this date.