34 CFR 200.41 - School improvement plan.
(1) Not later than three months after an LEA has identified a school for improvement under§ 200.32, the school must develop or revise a school improvement plan for approval by the LEA.
(2) The school must consult with parents, school staff, the LEA, and outside experts in developing or revising its school improvement plan.
(1) Specify the responsibilities of the school, the LEA, and the SEA serving the school under the plan, including the technical assistance to be provided by the LEA under§ 200.40;
(i) Incorporate strategies, grounded in scientifically based research, that will strengthen instruction in the core academic subjects at the school and address the specific academic issues that caused the LEA to identify the school for improvement; and
(ii) May include a strategy for implementing a comprehensive school reform model described insection 1606 of the ESEA;
(3) With regard to the school's core academic subjects, adopt policies and practices most likely to ensure that all groups of students described in§ 200.13(b)(7) and enrolled in the school will meet the State's proficient level of achievement, as measured by the State's assessment system, not later than the 2013-2014 school year;
(ii) Promote, for each group of students described in§ 200.13(b)(7) and enrolled in the school, continuous and substantial progress that ensures that all these groups meet the State's annual measurable objectives described in § 200.18;
(5) Provide an assurance that the school will spend not less than 10 percent of the allocation it receives under subpart A of this part for each year that the school is in school improvement status, for the purpose of providing high-quality professional development to the school's teachers, principal, and, as appropriate, other instructional staff, consistent withsection 9101(34) of the ESEA, that—
(i) Directly addresses the academic achievement problem that caused the school to be identified for improvement;
(ii) Is provided in a manner that affords increased opportunity for participating in that professional development; and
(6) Specify how the funds described in paragraph (c)(5) of this section will be used to remove the school from school improvement status;
(7) Describe how the school will provide written notice about the identification to parents of each student enrolled in the school;
(9) As appropriate, incorporate activities before school, after school, during the summer, and during any extension of the school year.
(i) Inclusion of one or more of the corrective actions specified in§ 200.42; or
(e) A school must implement its school improvement plan immediately on approval of the plan by the LEA.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1810-0581)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 6316(b)(3))
[67 FR 71723, Dec. 2, 2002]
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 200.