34 CFR 200.42 - Corrective action.
(i) The consistent academic failure of a school that led the LEA to identify the school for corrective action; and
(2) Is designed to increase substantially the likelihood that each group of students described in§ 200.13(b)(7) and enrolled in the school will meet or exceed the State's proficient levels of achievement as measured by the State assessment system; and
(b) Requirements. If an LEA identifies a school for corrective action, in accordance with § 200.33, the LEA must do the following:
(1) Continue to provide all students enrolled in the school with the option to transfer to another public school in accordance with§ 200.44.
(2) Continue to ensure that the school receives technical assistance consistent with the requirements of§ 200.40.
(3) Make available supplemental educational services in accordance with§ 200.45.
(ii) Institute and fully implement a new curriculum, including the provision of appropriate professional development for all relevant staff, that—
(B) Offers substantial promise of improving educational achievement for low-achieving students and of enabling the school to make AYP.
(A) Revising the school improvement plan developed under§ 200.41 to address the specific issues underlying the school's continued failure to make AYP and resulting in identification for corrective action; and
(5) Continue to comply with§ 200.39(c).(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1810-0581)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 6316(b)(7))
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 200.