34 CFR 200.46 - LEA responsibilities for supplemental educational services.
(a) If an LEA is required to make available supplemental educational services under § 200.39(b)(3), § 200.42(b)(3), or § 200.43(b)(2), the LEA must do the following:
(1) Provide the annual notice to parents described in § 200.37(b)(5).
(2) If requested, assist parents in choosing a provider from the list of approved providers maintained by the SEA.
(3) Apply fair and equitable procedures for serving students if the number of spaces at approved providers is not sufficient to serve all eligible students whose parents request services consistent with § 200.45.
(4) Ensure that eligible students with disabilities under IDEA and students covered under Section 504 receive appropriate supplemental educational services and accommodations in the provision of those services.
(5) Ensure that eligible students who have limited English proficiency receive appropriate supplemental educational services and language assistance in the provision of those services.
(6) Not disclose to the public, without the written permission of the student's parents, the identity of any student who is eligible for, or receiving, supplemental educational services.
(1) In addition to meeting the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section, the LEA must enter into an agreement with each provider selected by a parent or parents.
(i) Require the LEA to develop, in consultation with the parents and the provider, a statement that includes—
(ii) Describe procedures for regularly informing the student's parents and teachers of the student's progress;
(iii) Provide for the termination of the agreement if the provider is unable to meet the goals and timetables specified in the agreement;
(v) Prohibit the provider from disclosing to the public, without the written permission of the student's parents, the identity of any student who is eligible for, or receiving, supplemental educational services.
(3) In the case of a student with disabilities under IDEA or a student covered under Section 504, the provisions of the agreement referred to in paragraph (b)(2)(i) of this section must be consistent with the student's individualized education program under section 614(d) of the IDEA or the student's individualized services under Section 504.
(c) If State law prohibits an SEA from carrying out one or more of its responsibilities under § 200.47 with respect to those who provide, or seek approval to provide, supplemental educational services, each LEA must carry out those responsibilities with respect to its students who are eligible for those services.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1810-0581)
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 6316(e))
[67 FR 71725, Dec. 2, 2002]
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 200.