34 CFR 200.59 - Duties of paraprofessionals.
(b) A paraprofessional covered under § 200.58 may perform the following instructional support duties:
(1) One-on-one tutoring for eligible students if the tutoring is scheduled at a time when a student would not otherwise receive instruction from a teacher.
(2) Assisting in classroom management.
(3) Assisting in computer instruction.
(4) Conducting parent involvement activities.
(5) Providing instructional support in a library or media center.
(6) Acting as a translator.
(7) Providing instructional support services.
(1) A paraprofessional may not provide instructional support to a student unless the paraprofessional is working under the direct supervision of a teacher who meets the requirements in § 200.56.
(2) A paraprofessional works under the direct supervision of a teacher if -
(i) The teacher plans the instructional activities that the paraprofessional carries out;
(ii) The teacher evaluates the achievement of the students with whom the paraprofessional is working; and
(iii) The paraprofessional works in close and frequent physical proximity to the teacher.
(d) A paraprofessional may assume limited duties that are assigned to similar personnel who are not working in a program supported with funds under subpart A of this part - including non-instructional duties and duties that do not benefit participating students - if the amount of time the paraprofessional spends on those duties is the same proportion of total work time as the time spent by similar personnel at the same school.