34 CFR 200.77 - Reservation of funds by an LEA.
Before allocating funds in accordance with § 200.78, an LEA must reserve funds as are reasonable and necessary to -
(a) Provide services comparable to those provided to children in participating school attendance areas and schools to serve -
(1) Homeless children who do not attend participating schools, including providing educationally related support services to children in shelters and other locations where homeless children may live;
(2) Children in local institutions for neglected children; and
(3) If appropriate -
(i) Children in local institutions for delinquent children; and
(ii) Neglected and delinquent children in community-day school programs;
(b) Provide, where appropriate under section 1113(c)(4) of the ESEA, financial incentives and rewards to teachers who serve students in Title I schools identified for school improvement, corrective action, and restructuring for the purpose of attracting and retaining qualified and effective teachers;
(c) Meet the requirements for choice-related transportation and supplemental educational services in § 200.48, unless the LEA meets these requirements with non-Title I funds;
(d) Address the professional development needs of instructional staff, including -
(1) Professional development requirements under § 200.52(a)(3)(iii) if the LEA has been identified for improvement or corrective action; and
(2) Professional development expenditure requirements under § 200.60;
(e) Meet the requirements for parental involvement in section 1118(a)(3) of the ESEA;
(f) Administer programs for public and private school children under this part, including special capital expenses, if any, incurred in providing services to eligible private school children, such as -
(1) The purchase and lease of real and personal property (including mobile educational units and neutral sites);
(2) Insurance and maintenance costs;
(3) Transportation; and
(4) Other comparable goods and services, including non-instructional computer technicians; and
(g) Conduct other authorized activities, such as school improvement and coordinated services.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 200 after this date.