34 CFR 21.33 - Allowable fees and expenses.
(1) An adversary adjudication; or
(2) A significant and discrete substantive portion of an adversary adjudication.
(c) Allowable fees and expenses include the following, as applicable:
(1) An award of fees based on rates customarily charged by attorneys, agents, and expert witnesses.
(2) An award for the reasonable expenses of the attorney, agent, or expert witness as a separate item if the attorney, agent, or expert witness ordinarily charges clients separately for those expenses.
(3) The cost of any study, analysis, engineering report, test, or project related to the preparation of the applicant's case in the adversary adjudication.
(d) The calculation of fees and expenses as provided for under paragraph (c) of this section shall be in accordance with the standards for awards as described in § 21.50(a) through (c).