34 CFR 222.112 - What procedures are followed after the hearing?
(a) Each party may submit to the hearing examiner additional evidence that is relevant to the issues raised at the hearing, within the time period and in the manner specified by the hearing examiner.
(b) Within 30 days after the hearing, the hearing examiner -
(1) Makes, on the basis of the record, written findings of fact and recommendations concerning any appropriate remedial action that should be taken;
(2) Submits those findings and recommendations, along with the hearing record, to the Assistant Secretary; and
(3) Sends a copy of those findings and recommendations to each party.
(1) Each party may file with the Assistant Secretary comments on the hearing examiner's findings and recommendations.
(2) The comments must be received by the Assistant Secretary within 10 days after the party receives a copy of the hearing examiner's findings and recommendations.