34 CFR 263.1 - What is the Professional Development program?
(a) The Professional Development program provides grants to eligible entities to -
(1) Increase the number of qualified Indian individuals in professions that serve Indian people;
(2) Provide training to qualified Indian individuals to become teachers, administrators, teacher aides, social workers, and ancillary educational personnel; and
(3) Improve the skills of qualified Indian individuals who serve in the education field.
(b) The Professional Development program requires individuals who receive training to -
(1) Perform work related to the training received under the program and that benefits Indian people, or to repay all or a prorated part of the assistance received under the program; and
(2) Periodically report to the Secretary on the individual's compliance with the work requirement until work-related payback is complete or the individual has been referred for cash payback.