34 CFR 263.4 - What costs may a Professional Development program include?
(a) A Professional Development program may include, as training costs, assistance to -
(1) Fully finance a student's educational expenses including tuition, books, and required fees; health insurance required by the institution of higher education; stipend; dependent allowance; technology costs; program required travel; and instructional supplies; or
(2) Supplement other financial aid, including Federal funding other than loans, for meeting a student's educational expenses.
(c) Other costs that a Professional Development program may include, but that must not be included as training costs, include costs for -
(1) Collaborating with prospective employers within the grantees' local service area to create a pool of potentially available qualifying employment opportunities;
(2) In-service training activities such as providing mentorships linking experienced teachers at job placement sites with program participants; and
(3) Assisting participants in identifying and securing qualifying employment opportunities in their field of study following completion of the program.