34 CFR 299.6 - What are the responsibilities of a recipient of funds for providing services to children and teachers in private schools?
(a) General. An agency or consortium of agencies receiving funds under an applicable program listed in paragraph (b) of this section, after timely and meaningful consultation with appropriate private school officials (in accordance with the statute), shall provide special educational services or other benefits under this subpart on an equitable basis to eligible children who are enrolled in private elementary and secondary schools, and to their teachers and other educational personnel.
(b) Applicable programs. This subpart is applicable to the following programs:
(1) Part C of title I (Migrant Education).
(2) Title II (Professional Development) (other than section 2103 and part C of this title).
(3) Title III (Technology for Education) (other than part B of this title) (Star Schools).
(4) Part A of title IV (Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities) (other than section 4114).
(5) Title VI (Innovative Education Program Strategies).
(6) Title VII (Bilingual Education).
(c) Provisions not applicable. Sections 75.650 and 76.650 through 76.662 of title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations (participation of students enrolled in private schools) do not apply to programs listed in paragraph (b) of this section.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 299 after this date.