§ 303.360Comprehensive system of personnel development.
(a) Each system must include a comprehensive system of personnel development.
(b) The personnel development system under this part must—
(1) Be consistent with the comprehensive system of personnel development required under part B of the Act (34 CFR 300.380 through 300.387);
(2) Provide for preservice and inservice training to be conducted on an interdisciplinary basis, to the extent appropriate;
(3) Provide for the training of a variety of personnel needed to meet the requirements of this part, including public and private providers, primary referral sources, paraprofessionals, and persons who will serve as service coordinators; and
(4) Ensure that the training provided relates specifically to—
(i) Understanding the basic components of early intervention services available in the State;
(ii) Meeting the interrelated social or emotional, health, developmental, and educational needs of eligible children under this part; and
(iii) Assisting families in enhancing the development of their children, and in participating fully in the development and implementation of IFSPs.
(c) A personnel development system under this part may include—
(1) Implementing innovative strategies and activities for the recruitment and retention of early intervention service providers;
(2) Promoting the preparation of early intervention providers who are fully and appropriately qualified to provide early intervention services under this part;
(3) Training personnel to work in rural and inner-city areas; and
(4) Training personnel to coordinate transition services for infants and toddlers with disabilities from an early intervention program under this part to a preschool program under part B of the Act or to other preschool or other appropriate services.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0550)