(1) If you fail to make a timely request for a hearing, we issue a garnishment order to your employer within 30 days after the deadline for timely requesting a hearing.
(2) If you make a timely request for a hearing, we issue a withholding order within 30 days after the hearing official issues a decision to proceed with garnishment.
(1) The garnishment order we issue to your employer is signed by an official of the Department designated by the Secretary.
(2) The designated official's signature may be a computer-generated facsimile.
(1) The garnishment order contains only the information we consider necessary for your employer to comply with the order and for us to ensure proper credit for payments received from your employer.
(2) The order includes your name, address, and social security number, as well as instructions for withholding and information as to where your
employer must send the payments.
(1) We keep a copy of a certificate of service indicating the date of mailing of the order.
(2) We may create and maintain the certificate of service as an electronic record.