34 CFR 350.22 - What activities must a Rehabilitation Research and Training Center conduct?
A Rehabilitation Research and Training Center shall -
(a) Carry out research activities by conducting coordinated and advanced programs of research in rehabilitation targeted toward the production of new knowledge that will -
(1) Improve rehabilitation methodology and service delivery systems;
(2) Alleviate or stabilize disabling conditions; and
(3) Promote maximum social and economic independence of individuals with disabilities;
(b) Conduct training activities by providing training (including graduate, pre-service, and in-service training) to assist -
(1) Rehabilitation personnel and other individuals to more effectively provide rehabilitation services; and
(2) Rehabilitation research personnel and other rehabilitation personnel to improve their capacity to conduct research; and
(c) Conduct technical assistance activities by serving as an informational and technical assistance resource for providers, individuals with disabilities, and the parents, family members, guardians, advocates, or authorized representatives of the individuals with disabilities, through conferences, workshops, public education programs, in-service training programs, and similar activities.