34 CFR 363.4 - What are the authorized activities under the State Supported Employment Services program?
(a) The State may use funds allotted under this part to -
(1) Provide supported employment services, as defined in 34 CFR 361.5(c)(54);
(2) Provide extended services, as defined in 34 CFR 361.5(c)(19), to youth with the most significant disabilities, in accordance with § 363.11(f), for a period of time not to exceed four years, or until such time that a youth reaches the age of 25 and no longer meets the definition of a youth with a disability under 34 CFR 361.5(c)(58), whichever occurs first; and
(3) With funds reserved, in accordance with § 363.22 for the provision of supported employment services to youth with the most significant disabilities, leverage other public and private funds to increase resources for extended services and expand supported employment opportunities.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, a State may not use funds under this part to provide extended services to individuals with the most significant disabilities.
(c) Nothing in this part will be construed to prohibit a State from providing -
(1) Supported employment services in accordance with the vocational rehabilitation services portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan submitted under 34 CFR part 361 by using funds made available through a State allotment under that part.
(d) A State must coordinate with the entities described in § 363.50(a) regarding the services provided to individuals with the most significant disabilities, including youth with the most significant disabilities, under this part and under 34 CFR part 361 to ensure that the services are complementary and not duplicative.
Title 34 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 363 after this date.
- 34 CFR 363.54 — When Will an Individual Be Considered to Have Achieved an Employment Outcome in Supported Employment?
- 34 CFR 363.11 — What Are the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Portion of the Unified or Combined State Plan Supplement Requirements?
- 34 CFR 363.3 — Who Is Eligible for Services?
- 34 CFR 363.24 — What Is Program Income and How May It Be Used?