34 CFR 364.51 - What requirements apply to determinations of eligibility or ineligibility?
(1) Before or at the same time as an applicant for IL services may begin receiving IL services funded under this part, the service provider shall determine the applicant's eligibility and maintain documentation that the applicant has met the basic requirements specified in § 364.40.
(2) The documentation must be dated and signed by an appropriate staff member of the service provider.
(1) If a determination is made that an applicant for IL services is not an individual with a significant disability, the service provider shall provide documentation of the ineligibility determination that is dated and signed by an appropriate staff member.
(i) The service provider may determine an applicant to be ineligible for IL services only after full consultation with the applicant or, if the applicant chooses, the applicant's parent, guardian, or other legally authorized advocate or representative, or after providing a clear opportunity for this consultation.
(ii) The service provider shall notify the applicant in writing of the action taken and inform the applicant or, if the applicant chooses, the applicant's parent, guardian, or other legally authorized advocate or representative, of the applicant's rights and the means by which the applicant may appeal the action taken. (Cross-reference: See § 364.58(a).)
(iii) The service provider shall provide a detailed explanation of the availability and purposes of the CAP established within the State under section 112 of the Act, including information on how to contact the program.
(c) Review of ineligibility determination.
(1) If an applicant for IL services has been found ineligible, the service provider shall review the applicant's ineligibility at least once within 12 months after the ineligibility determination has been made and whenever the service provider determines that the applicant's status has materially changed.
(2) The review need not be conducted in situations where the applicant has refused the review, the applicant is no longer present in the State, or the applicant's whereabouts are unknown.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 364 after this date.