34 CFR 366.2 - What agencies are eligible for assistance under the CIL program?
(a) In any State in which the Secretary has approved the State plan required bysection 704 of the Act, an applicant may receive a grant under subpart C or D of this part, as applicable, if the applicant demonstrates in its application submitted pursuant to § 366.21, 366.24, 366.33, 366.35, or 366.36 that it—
(i) Carry out the purpose of part C of title VII of the Act and perform the functions listed insection 725(b) and (c) of the Act and subparts F and G of this part within a community located within that State or in a bordering State; and
(B) Funds and contributions from private or public sources that may be used in support of a center; and
(2) Is able to plan, conduct, administer, and evaluate a center consistent with the standards and assurances insection 725(b) and (c) of the Act and subparts F and G of this part.
(b) An applicant that meets the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section is eligible to apply as a new center under§§ 366.24 or 366.36 if it—
(2) Proposes the expansion of an existing center through the establishment of a separate and complete center (except that the governing board of the existing center may serve as the governing board of the new center) at a different geographical location; and
(3) Meets the requirements of§ 366.24;
(c) A State that received assistance in fiscal year (FY) 1993 to directly operate a center in accordance withsection 724(a) of the Act is eligible to continue to receive assistance under this part to directly operate that center for FY 1994 or a succeeding fiscal year if, for the fiscal year for which assistance is sought—
(1) No nonprofit private agency submits and obtains approval of an acceptable application undersection 722 or 723 of the Act or § 366.21 or § 366.24 to operate a center for that fiscal year before a date specified by the Secretary; or
(2) After funding all applications so submitted and approved, the Secretary determines that funds remain available to provide that assistance.
(d) Except for the requirement that the center be a private nonprofit agency, a center that is operated by a State that receives assistance under paragraph (a), (b), or (c) of this section shall comply with all of the requirements of part C of title VII of the Act and the requirements in subparts C or D, as applicable, and F of this part.
(e) Eligibility requirements for assistance under subpart B of this part are described in§ 366.10.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1820-0018)
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 366.