34 CFR 366.60 - What are the project evaluation standards?
To be eligible to receive funds under this part, an applicant must agree to comply with the following evaluation standards:
(a)Evaluation standard 1 - Philosophy. The center shall promote and practice the IL philosophy of -
(1) Consumer control of the center regarding decisionmaking, service delivery, management, and establishment of the policy and direction of the center;
(3) Development of peer relationships and peer role models;
(4) Equal access of individuals with significant disabilities to all of the center's services, programs, activities, resources, and facilities, whether publicly or privately funded, without regard to the type of significant disability of the individual; and
(5) Promoting equal access of individuals with significant disabilities to all services, programs, activities, resources, and facilities in society, whether public or private, and regardless of funding source, on the same basis that access is provided to other individuals with disabilities and to individuals without disabilities.
(b)Evaluation standard 2 - Provision of services.
(1) The center shall provide IL services to individuals with a range of significant disabilities.
(2) The center shall provide IL services on a cross-disability basis (i.e., for individuals with all different types of significant disabilities, including individuals with significant disabilities who are members of populations that are unserved or underserved by programs under title VII of this Act).
(3) The center shall determine eligibility for IL services. The center may not base eligibility on the presence of any one specific significant disability.
(c)Evaluation standard 3 - Independent living goals. The center shall facilitate the development and achievement of IL goals selected by individuals with significant disabilities who seek assistance in the development and achievement of IL goals from the center.
(d)Evaluation standard 4 - Community options. The center shall conduct activities to increase the availability and improve the quality of community options for IL to facilitate the development and achievement of IL goals by individuals with significant disabilities.
(e)Evaluation standard 5 - Independent living core services. The center shall provide IL core services and, as appropriate, a combination of any other IL services specified in section 7(30)(B) of the Act.
(f)Evaluation standard 6 - Activities to increase community capacity. The center shall conduct activities to increase the capacity of communities within the service area of the center to meet the needs of individuals with significant disabilities.
(g)Evaluation standard 7 - Resource development activities. The center shall conduct resource development activities to obtain funding from sources other than chapter 1 of title VII of the Act.