34 CFR 379.5 - What definitions apply?
prev | next
(a) The following terms used in this part are defined in 34 CFR part 361:
Community rehabilitation program
Designated State unit
Individual who is blind
Individual with a disability
Individual with a significant disability
Physical or mental impairment
Substantial impediment to employment
(1) Career advancement services mean services that develop specific job skills beyond those required by the position currently held by an individual with a disability to assist the individual to compete for a promotion or achieve an advanced position.
(i) In the competitive labor market that is performed on a full-time or part-time basis in an integrated setting; and
(ii) For which an individual is compensated at or above the minimum wage, but not less than the customary or usual wage and terms and benefits provided by the employer for the same or similar work performed by individuals who are not disabled.
(3) Integrated setting, as part of the definition of “competitive employment,” means a setting typically found in the community in which individuals with disabilities interact with non-disabled individuals, other than non-disabled individuals who are providing services to them, to the same extent that non-disabled individuals in comparable positions interact with other persons.
(4) Job readiness training, as used in § 379.41(a), means—
(5) Job training, as used in this part, means one or more of the following training activities provided prior to placement, as that term is defined in § 379.5(b)(7):
(6) Person served means an individual for whom services by a PWI project have been initiated with the objective that those services will result in a placement in competitive employment.
(7) Placement means the attainment of competitive employment by a person who has received services from a PWI project and has maintained employment for a period of at least 90 days.
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.