34 CFR 400.6 - What are the requirements for establishing a State Committee of Practitioners?
(1) Local school officials representing eligible recipients;
(2) Representatives of -
(i) Organized labor;
(iv) Community-based organizations;
(vi) State councils;
(viii) Special populations; and
(ix) Correctional institutions;
(3) The administrator appointed under 34 CFR 403.13(a);
(5) The State administrator of programs assisted under chapter 1;
(7) Guidance counselors.
(b)Committee selection. The State shall select the Committee from nominees solicited from -
(1) State organizations representing school administrators;
(4) Members of local boards of education; and
(5) Appropriate representatives of institutions of higher education.
(1)Committee membership. The Committee must consist of -
(i) Representatives of local educational agencies, who must constitute a majority of the members of the committee;
(ii) School administrators;
(v) Members of local boards of education;
(vi) Representatives of institutions of higher education; and
(2) School administrators, teachers, and members of local boards of education may be counted as representatives of LEAs for purposes of paragraph (c)(1)(i) of this section.