34 CFR 400.6 - What are the requirements for establishing a State Committee of Practitioners?
(a) Consultation. A State shall appoint a State Committee of Practitioners (Committee) after consulting with -
(1) Local school officials representing eligible recipients;
(2) Representatives of -
(i) Organized labor;
(iv) Community-based organizations;
(v) Private industry councils established under section 102(a) of the JTPA (29 U.S.C. 1512);
(vi) State councils;
(viii) Special populations; and
(ix) Correctional institutions;
(3) The administrator appointed under 34 CFR 403.13(a);
(4) The State administrator of programs assisted under part B of the IDEA;
(5) The State administrator of programs assisted under chapter 1;
(6) The State administrator of programs for students of limited English proficiency; and
(7) Guidance counselors.
(b) Committee selection. The State shall select the Committee from nominees solicited from -
(1) State organizations representing school administrators;
(4) Members of local boards of education; and
(5) Appropriate representatives of institutions of higher education.
(1) Committee membership. The Committee must consist of -
(i) Representatives of local educational agencies, who must constitute a majority of the members of the committee;
(ii) School administrators;
(v) Members of local boards of education;
(vi) Representatives of institutions of higher education; and
(2) School administrators, teachers, and members of local boards of education may be counted as representatives of LEAs for purposes of paragraph (c)(1)(i) of this section.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 400 after this date.