34 CFR § 403.190 - What are the requirements for receiving a subgrant or contract?
(a) Each eligible recipient desiring financial assistance under the Secondary School Vocational Education Program or the Postsecondary and Adult Vocational Education Program must submit to the State board, according to requirements established by the State board, an application covering the same period as the State plan, for the use of that assistance. The State board shall determine requirements for local applications, except that each application must -
(1) Contain a description of -
(i) The vocational education program to be funded, including -
(A) The extent to which the program incorporates each of the requirements described in § 403.111 (a), (b), and (c); and
(B) How the eligible recipient will use the funds available under § 403.112, § 403.113, or § 403.116 and from other sources to improve the program with regard to each requirement and activity described in § 403.111 (c) and (d);
(ii) How the needs of individuals who are members of special populations will be assessed and the planned use of funds to meet those needs;
(iii) How access to programs of good quality will be provided to students who are economically disadvantaged (including foster children), students with disabilities, and students of limited English proficiency through affirmative outreach and recruitment efforts;
(iv) The program evaluation standards the applicant will use to measure its progress;
(v) The methods to be used to coordinate vocational education services with relevant programs conducted under the JTPA, including cooperative arrangements established with private industry councils established under section 102(a) of that Act, in order to avoid duplication and to expand the range of and accessibility to vocational education services;
(vi) The methods used to develop vocational educational programs in consultation with parents and students of special populations;
(vii) How the eligible recipient coordinates with community-based organizations;
(viii) The manner and the extent to which the eligible recipient considered the demonstrated occupational needs of the area in assisting programs funded under the Act;
(ix) How the eligible recipient will provide a vocational education program that -
(A) Integrates academic and occupational disciplines so that students participating in the program are able to achieve both academic and occupational competence; and
(B) Offers coherent sequences of courses leading to a job skill; and
(x) How the eligible recipient will monitor the provision of vocational education to individuals who are members of special populations, including the provision of vocational education to students with individualized education programs developed under the IDEA;
(2) Provide assurances that -
(ii) The eligible recipient will provide a vocational program that -
(A) Encourages students through counseling to pursue coherent sequences of courses;
(B) Assists students who are economically disadvantaged, students of limited English proficiency, and students with disabilities to succeed through supportive services such as counseling, English-language instruction, child care, and special aids;
(C) Is of a size, scope, and quality as to bring about improvement in the quality of education offered by the school; and
(D) Seeks to cooperate with the sex equity program carried out under § 403.91; and
(iii) The eligible recipient will provide sufficient information to the State to enable the State to comply with the requirements in § 403.113; and
(3) Contain a report on the number of individuals in each of the special populations.
(b) Each eligible recipient desiring financial assistance under title II of the Act must provide assurances to the State board that, with respect to any project that is funded under a basic program listed in § 403.60 or a special program listed in § 403.130, it will -
(1) Assist students who are members of special populations to enter vocational education programs, and, with respect to students with disabilities, assist in fulfilling the transitional service requirement of section 626 of the IDEA;
(2) Assess the special needs of students participating in projects receiving assistance under a basic program listed in § 403.60 or a special program listed in § 403.130, with respect to their successful completion of the vocational education program in the most integrated setting possible;
(3) Provide supplementary services, as defined in 34 CFR 400.4(b), to students who are members of special populations;
(4) Provide guidance, counseling, and career development activities conducted by professionally trained counselors and teachers who are associated with the provision of those special services; and
(5) Provide counseling and instructional services designed to facilitate the transition from school to post-school employment and career opportunities.
(c) Each eligible recipient desiring financial assistance under Title II of the Act must provide the services and activities described in paragraph (b) of this section, to the extent possible with funds awarded under the Act, and indicate in its local application whether any non-Federal funds will be used for this purpose.
See § 403.193(e).
(d) Each eligible recipient desiring financial assistance under the Act shall provide sufficient information to the State, as the State board requires, to demonstrate to the State board that the eligible recipient's projects comply with § 403.32(a)(18)-(26).
(e) Each eligible recipient desiring financial assistance under the Act shall -
(1) Provide the assurance described in § 403.14(a)(2); and
(2) Include in its application, as appropriate -
(i) The number of disabled students, economically disadvantaged students, and students with limited English proficiency in its vocational program;
(ii) An assessment of the vocational needs of its students with disabilities, economically disadvantaged students, and students with limited English proficiency; and
(iii) A plan to provide supplementary services sufficient to meet the needs identified in the assessment described in paragraph (e)(2)(ii).