34 CFR § 602.34 - Advisory Committee meetings.
(a) Department staff submits a proposed schedule to the Chairperson of the Advisory Committee based on anticipated completion of staff analyses.
(b) The Chairperson of the Advisory Committee establishes an agenda for the next meeting and, in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, presents it to the Designated Federal Official for approval.
(c) Before the Advisory Committee meeting, Department staff provides the Advisory Committee with -
(1) The agency's application for recognition, renewal of recognition, or expansion of scope when Advisory Committee review is required, or the agency's compliance report and supporting documentation submitted by the agency;
(2) The final Department staff analysis of the agency developed in accordance with § 602.32 or § 602.33, and any supporting documentation;
(3) The agency's response to the draft analysis;
(4) Any written third-party comments the Department received about the agency on or before the established deadline;
(5) Any agency response to third-party comments; and
(6) Any other information Department staff relied upon in developing its analysis.
(d) At least 30 days before the Advisory Committee meeting, the Department publishes a notice of the meeting in the Federal Register inviting interested parties to make oral presentations before the Advisory Committee.
(e) The Advisory Committee considers the materials provided under paragraph (c) of this section in a public meeting and invites Department staff, the agency, and other interested parties to make oral presentations during the meeting. A transcript is made of all Advisory Committee meetings.
(f) The written motion adopted by the Advisory Committee regarding each agency's recognition will be made available during the Advisory Committee meeting. The Department will provide each agency, upon request, with a copy of the motion on recognition at the meeting. Each agency that was reviewed will be sent an electronic copy of the motion relative to that agency as soon as practicable after the meeting.
(g) After each meeting of the Advisory Committee, the Advisory Committee forwards to the senior Department official its recommendation with respect to each agency, which may include, but is not limited to -
(i) For an agency that is fully compliant, approve initial or renewed recognition;
(ii) Continue recognition with a required compliance report to be submitted to the Department within 12 months from the decision of the senior Department official;
(iii) In conjunction with a finding of exceptional circumstances and good cause, continue recognition for a specified period in excess of 12 months pending submission of a compliance report;
(iv) In the case of substantial compliance, grant initial recognition or renewed recognition and recommend a monitoring report with a set deadline to be reviewed by Department staff to ensure that corrective action is taken, and full compliance is achieved or maintained (or for action by staff under § 602.33 if it is not); or
(v) Deny, limit, suspend, or terminate recognition;
(2) Grant or deny a request for expansion of scope; or
(3) Revise or affirm the scope of the agency.