34 CFR 604.11 - Planning requirements.
(a) The agreement shall contain an assurance by the State that it has a comprehensive planning or policy formulation process which:
(1) Considers the relationship between State administration of each applicable program and administration of similar State programs or processes;
(2) Encourages State policies that consider the effects of declining enrollments on all sectors of postsecondary education within the State;
(3) Considers the postsecondary educational needs of unserved and underserved individuals within the State, including individuals beyond traditional college age;
(4) Considers the resources of public and private institutions, organizations, and agencies within the State that are capable of providing postsecondary educational opportunities; and
(5) Provides for direct, equitable, and active participation in the comprehensive planning or policy formulation processes by representatives of institutions of higher education - including community colleges, proprietary institutions, and independent colleges and universities - other providers of postsecondary education services, students, and the general public in the State.
(i) Participation shall be achieved through membership on State planning commissions, State advisory councils, or other State entities established by the State to conduct federally assisted comprehensive planning or policy formulation.
(ii) Participation shall be consistent with State law.
(b) The agreement shall include a description of the planning or policy formulation process through which these assurances will be fulfilled.