34 CFR 608.2 - What institutions are eligible to receive a grant under the HBCU Program?
(a) To be eligible to receive a grant under this part, an institution must -
(1) Satisfy section 322(2) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA);
(2) Be legally authorized by the State in which it is located -
(i) To be a junior or community college; or
(ii) To provide an educational program for which it awards a bachelor's degree; and
(b) The Secretary has determined that the following institutions satisfy section 322(2) of the HEA.
(c) If an institution identified in paragraph (b) of this section has merged with another institution, and, as a result of the merger, would not otherwise qualify to receive a grant under this part, that institution may nevertheless qualify to receive a grant under this part if -
(1) The institution would have qualified to receive a grant before the merger; and
(2) The institution was eligible to receive a grant under the Special Needs Program in any fiscal year prior to fiscal year 1986. (The Special Needs Program was authorized under Title III, Part B, of the HEA before 1986.)
(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, for each fiscal year -
(1) The University of the District of Columbia is eligible to receive a grant under this part only if the amount of the grant it is scheduled to receive under § 608.31 exceeds the amount it is scheduled to receive in the same fiscal year under the District of Columbia Self-Government and Governmental Reorganization Act; and
(2) Howard University is eligible to receive a grant under this part only if the amount of the grant it is scheduled to receive under § 608.31 exceeds the amount it is scheduled to receive in the same fiscal year under the Act of March 2, 1867, 20 U.S.C. 123.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 608 after this date.
- 2 CFR 1800.11 — Definitions.
- 32 CFR 22.105 — Definitions.
- 34 CFR 628.2 — Which Institutions Are Eligible to Apply for an Endowment Challenge Grant?
- 48 CFR 2.101 — Definitions.
- 48 CFR 952.226-70 — Subcontracting Goals Under Section 3021(a) of the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- 48 CFR 952.226-73 — Energy Policy Act Target Group Certification.
- 48 CFR 52.226-2 — Historically Black College or University and Minority Institution Representation.
- 48 CFR 952.226-71 — Utilization of Energy Policy Act Target Entities.
- 48 CFR 952.226-72 — Energy Policy Act Subcontracting Goals and Reporting Requirements.
- 48 CFR 1852.213-70 — Offeror Representations and Certifications - Other Than Commercial Items.
- 48 CFR 919.7002 — Definitions.