34 CFR § 637.2 - Who is eligible to receive a grant?
The following are eligible to receive a grant under this part:
(a) Public and private nonprofit institutions of higher education that -
(1) Award baccalaureate degrees; and
(b) Public or private nonprofit institutions of higher education that -
(1) Award associate degrees;
(3) Have a curriculum that includes science or engineering subjects; and
(4) Enter into a partnership with public or private nonprofit institutions of higher education that award baccalaureate degrees in science and engineering.
(c) Nonprofit science-oriented organizations, professional scientific societies, and institutions of higher education that award baccalaureate degrees that -
(1) Provide a needed service to a group of minority institutions; or
(2) Provide in-service training to project directors, scientists, and engineers from minority institutions; or
(d) A consortia of organizations, that provide needed services to one or more minority institutions. The consortia membership may include -
(1) Institutions of higher education which have a curriculum in science or engineering;
(2) Institutions of higher education that have a graduate or professional program in science or engineering;
(3) Research laboratories of, or under the contract with, the Department of Energy;
(4) Private organizations that have science or engineering facilities; or
(5) Quasi-governmental entities that have a significant scientific or engineering mission.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.