34 CFR 664.33 - What costs does the Secretary pay?
(a) The Secretary pays only part of the cost of a project funded under this part. Other than travel costs, the Secretary does not pay any of the costs for project-related expenses within the United States.
(b) The Secretary pays the cost of the following -
(1) A maintenance stipend related to the cost of living in the host country or countries;
(2) Round-trip international travel;
(3) A local travel allowance for necessary project-related transportation within the country of study, exclusive of the purchase of transportation equipment;
(4) Purchase of project-related artifacts, books, and other teaching materials in the country of study;
(5) Rent for instructional facilities in the country of study;
(6) Clerical and professional services performed by resident instructional personnel in the country of study; and
(7) Other expenses in the country of study, if necessary for the project's success and approved in advance by the Secretary.
(c) The Secretary may pay -
(1) Emergency medical expenses not covered by a participant's health and accident insurance; and
(2) The costs of preparing and transporting the remains of a participant who dies during the term of a project to his or her former home.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 664 after this date.