34 CFR 668.189 - General requirements for adjusting official cohort default rates and for appealing their consequences.
(i) An uncorrected data adjustment submitted under this section and § 668.190;
(ii) A new data adjustment submitted under this section and § 668.191;
(iii) An erroneous data appeal submitted under this section and § 668.192; or
(iv) A loan servicing appeal submitted under this section and § 668.193; or
(2) You meet the requirements for -
(i) An economically disadvantaged appeal submitted under this section and § 668.194;
(ii) A participation rate index appeal submitted under this section and § 668.195;
(iii) An average rates appeal submitted under this section and § 668.196; or
(iv) A thirty-or-fewer borrowers appeal submitted under this section and § 668.197.
(b)Limitations on your ability to dispute your cohort default rate.
(3) You may not request an adjustment or appeal a cohort default rate, under § 668.190, § 668.191, § 668.192, or § 668.193, if you previously lost your eligibility to participate in a Title IV, HEA program, under § 668.187, based entirely or partially on that cohort default rate.
(1) All appeals, notices, requests, independent auditor's opinions, management's written assertions, and other correspondence that you are required to send under this subpart must be complete, timely, accurate, and in a format acceptable to us. This acceptable format is described in the “Cohort Default Rate Guide” that we provide to you.
(2) Your completed request for adjustment or appeal must include -
(i) All of the information necessary to substantiate your request for adjustment or appeal; and
(d)Our copies of your correspondence. Whenever you are required by this subpart to correspond with a party other than us, you must send us a copy of your correspondence within the same time deadlines. However, you are not required to send us copies of documents that you received from us originally.
(e)Requirements for data managers' responses.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this subpart, if this subpart requires a data manager to correspond with any party other than us, the data manager must send us a copy of the correspondence within the same time deadlines.
(2) If a data manager sends us correspondence under this subpart that is not in a format acceptable to us, we may require the data manager to revise that correspondence's format, and we may prescribe a format for that data manager's subsequent correspondence with us.
(f)Our decision on your request for adjustment or appeal.
(ii) If we determine that a data manager did not provide the necessary clarifying information or legible records in meeting the requirements of this subpart, we presume that the evidence that you provide to us is correct unless it is contradicted or otherwise proven to be incorrect by information we maintain.