34 CFR 690.75 - Determination of eligibility for payment.
(a) For each payment period, an institution may pay a Federal Pell Grant to an eligible student only after it determines that the student -
(1) Qualifies as an eligible student under 34 CFR Part 668, Subpart C;
(2) Is enrolled in an eligible program as an undergraduate student; and
(3) If enrolled in a credit hour program without terms or a clock hour program, has completed the payment period as defined in § 668.4 for which he or she has been paid a Federal Pell Grant.
(b) If an institution determines at the beginning of a payment period that a student is not maintaining satisfactory progress, but reverses that determination before the end of the payment period, the institution may pay a Federal Pell Grant to the student for the entire payment period.
(c) If an institution determines at the beginning of a payment period that a student is not maintaining satisfactory progress, but reverses that determination after the end of the payment period, the institution may neither pay the student a Federal Pell Grant for that payment period nor make adjustments in subsequent Federal Pell Grant payments to compensate for the loss of aid for that period.
(d) A member of a religious order, community, society, agency of or organization who is pursuing a course of study in an institution of higher education is considered to have an expected family contribution amount at least equal to the maximum authorized award amount for the award year if that religious order -
(1) Has as a primary objective the promotion of ideals and beliefs regarding a Supreme Being; and
(2) Provides subsistence support to its members, or has directed the member to pursue the course of study.
Title 34 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 690.