34 CFR 694.21 - What are required activities for GEAR UP projects?
A grantee must provide comprehensive mentoring, outreach, and supportive services to students participating in the GEAR UP program. These services must include the following activities:
(a) Providing information regarding financial aid for postsecondary education to eligible participating students.
(b) Encouraging student enrollment in rigorous and challenging curricula and coursework, in order to reduce the need for remedial coursework at the postsecondary level.
(c) Implementing activities to improve the number of participating students who -
(1) Obtain a secondary school diploma, and
(2) Complete applications for, and enroll in, a program of postsecondary education.
(d) In the case of a State grantee that has not received a 100-percent waiver under section 404E(b)(2) of the HEA, providing scholarships in accordance with section 404E of the HEA.
- 34 CFR 694.25 — Are GEAR UP Grantees Required to Provide Services to Students Who Were Served Under a Previous GEAR UP Grant?
- 34 CFR 694.23 — What Additional Activities Are Allowable for State GEAR UP Projects?
- 34 CFR 694.13 — What Are the Requirements Concerning Section 404E Scholarship Awards for Grantees Whose Initial GEAR UP Grant Awards Were Made Prior to August 14, 2008?
- 34 CFR 694.14 — What Are the Requirements Concerning Section 404E Scholarship Awards for Grantees Whose Initial GEAR UP Grant Awards Were Made on or After August 14, 2008?
- 34 CFR 694.22 — What Other Activities May All GEAR UP Projects Provide?