34 CFR § 76.104 - A State shall include certain certifications in its State plan.
(a) A State shall include the following certifications in each State plan:
(1) That the plan is submitted by the State agency that is eligible to submit the plan.
(2) That the State agency has authority under State law to perform the functions of the State under the program.
(3) That the State legally may carry out each provision of the plan.
(4) That all provisions of the plan are consistent with State law.
(5) That a State officer, specified by title in the certification, has authority under State law to receive, hold, and disburse Federal funds made available under the plan.
(6) That the State officer who submits the plan, specified by title in the certification, has authority to submit the plan.
(7) That the agency that submits the plan has adopted or otherwise formally approved the plan.
(8) That the plan is the basis for State operation and administration of the program.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.