34 CFR 76.670 - Applicability and filing requirements.
(a) The regulations in §§ 76.671 through 76.677 apply to the following programs under which the Secretary is authorized to waive the requirements for providing services to private school children and to implement a bypass:
|CFDA number and name of program||Authorizing statute||Implementing regulations title 34 CFR part|
|84.010 Chapter 1 Program in Local Educational Agencies||Chapter 1, Title I, Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (
|84.151 Federal, State, and Local Partnership for Educational Improvement||Chapter 2, Title I, Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (
|84.164 Mathematics and Science Education||Title II, Part A, Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (
|84.186 State and Local Programs||Part B, Drug Free Schools and Communities Act of 1986 (
(1) Any written submission under §§ 76.671 through 76.675 must be filed by hand-delivery, by mail, or by facsimile transmission. The Secretary discourages the use of facsimile transmission for documents longer than five pages.
(2) If agreed upon by the parties, service of a document may be made upon the other party by facsimile transmission.
(3) The filing date for a written submission is the date the document is -
(ii) Mailed; or
(iii) Sent by facsimile transmission.
(4) A party filing by facsimile transmission is responsible for confirming that a complete and legible copy of the document was received by the Department.
(5) If a document is filed by facsimile transmission, the Secretary or the hearing officer, as applicable, may require the filing of a follow-up hard copy by hand-delivery or by mail within a reasonable period of time.