34 CFR § 99.30 - Under what conditions is prior consent required to disclose information?
(a) The parent or eligible student shall provide a signed and dated written consent before an educational agency or institution discloses personally identifiable information from the student's education records, except as provided in § 99.31.
(b) The written consent must:
(1) Specify the records that may be disclosed;
(2) State the purpose of the disclosure; and
(d) “Signed and dated written consent” under this part may include a record and signature in electronic form that—
(1) Identifies and authenticates a particular person as the source of the electronic consent; and
(2) Indicates such person's approval of the information contained in the electronic consent.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Iowa Admin. Code r. 281-41.535 - 281.41.535 - Referral to and action by law enforcement and judicial authorities.