34 CFR 99.30 - Under what conditions is prior consent required to disclose information?
(a) The parent or eligible student shall provide a signed and dated written consent before an educational agency or institution discloses personally identifiable information from the student's education records, except as provided in § 99.31.
(b) The written consent must:
(1) Specify the records that may be disclosed;
(2) State the purpose of the disclosure; and
(d) “Signed and dated written consent” under this part may include a record and signature in electronic form that -
(1) Identifies and authenticates a particular person as the source of the electronic consent; and
(2) Indicates such person's approval of the information contained in the electronic consent.
- 34 CFR 99.31 — Under What Conditions Is Prior Consent Not Required to Disclose Information?
- 34 CFR 99.8 — What Provisions Apply to Records of a Law Enforcement Unit?
- 34 CFR 99.37 — What Conditions Apply to Disclosing Directory Information?
- 34 CFR 99.35 — What Conditions Apply to Disclosure of Information for Federal or State Program Purposes?
- 34 CFR 300.154 — Methods of Ensuring Services.