36 CFR 1002.50 - Special events.
(a) Sports events, pageants, regattas, public spectator attractions, entertainments, ceremonies, and similar events are allowed: Provided, however, There is a meaningful association between the area administered by the Presidio Trust and the events, and the observance contributes to visitor understanding of the significance of the area administered by the Presidio Trust, and a permit therefor has been issued by the Executive Director. A permit shall be denied if such activities would:
(1) Cause injury or damage to resources of the area administered by the Presidio Trust; or
(2) Be contrary to the purposes of the Presidio Trust Act; or
(5) Present a clear and present danger to the public health and safety; or
(6) Result in significant conflict with other existing uses.
(b) An application for such a permit shall set forth the name of the applicant, the date, time, duration, nature and place of the proposed event, an estimate of the number of persons expected to attend, a statement of equipment and facilities to be used, and any other information required by the Executive Director. The application shall be submitted so as to reach the Executive Director at least 72 hours in advance of the proposed event.
(1) The filing of a bond payable to the Presidio Trust, in an amount adequate to cover costs such as restoration, rehabilitation, and cleanup of the area used, and other costs resulting from the special event. In lieu of a bond, a permittee may elect to deposit cash equal to the amount of the required bond.
(2) In addition to the requirements of paragraph (c)(1) of this section, the acquisition of liability insurance in which the United States is named as co-insured in an amount sufficient to protect the United States.
(d) The permit may contain such conditions as are reasonably consistent with protection and use of the area administered by the Presidio Trust for the purposes of the Presidio Trust Act. It may also contain reasonable limitations on the equipment used and the time and area within which the event is allowed.
Title 36 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 1002 after this date.