36 CFR 1002.52 - Sale or distribution of printed matter.
(a) The sale or distribution of printed matter is allowed within the area administered by the Presidio Trust, provided that a permit to do so has been issued by the Executive Director, and provided further that the printed matter is not solely commercial advertising.
(b) An application for such a permit shall set forth the name of the applicant; the name of the organization (if any); the date, time, duration, and location of the proposed sale or distribution; the number of participants; and any other information required by the permit application form.
(c) The Executive Director shall, without unreasonable delay, issue a permit on proper application unless:
(1) A prior application for a permit for the same time and location has been made that has been or will be granted and the activities authorized by that permit do not reasonably allow multiple occupancy of the particular area; or
(2) It reasonably appears that the sale or distribution will present a clear and present danger to the public health and safety; or
(3) The number of persons engaged in the sale or distribution exceeds the number that can reasonably be accommodated in the particular location applied for, considering such things as damage to resources or facilities of the area administered by the Presidio Trust, impairment of a protected area's atmosphere of peace and tranquillity, interference with program activities, or impairment of public use facilities; or
(4) The location applied for has not been designated as available for the sale or distribution of printed matter; or
(5) The activity would constitute a violation of an applicable law or regulation.
(d) If a permit is denied, the applicant shall be so informed in writing, with the reason(s) for the denial set forth.
(e) The Board shall designate on a map, which shall be available for inspection in the office of the Presidio Trust, the locations within the area administered by the Presidio Trust that are available for the sale or distribution of printed matter. Locations may be designated as not available only if the sale or distribution of printed matter would:
(1) Cause injury or damage to resources of the area administered by the Presidio Trust; or
(2) Unreasonably impair the atmosphere of peace and tranquillity maintained in wilderness, natural, historic, or commemorative zones; or
(3) Unreasonably interfere with interpretive, visitor service, or other program activities, or with the administrative activities of the Presidio Trust or the National Park Service; or
(4) Substantially impair the operation of public use facilities or services of Presidio Trust concessioners or contractors; or
(5) Present a clear and present damage to the public health and safety.
(f) The permit may contain such conditions as are reasonably consistent with protection and use of the area administered by the Presidio Trust for the purposes of the Presidio Trust Act.
(g) No permit shall be issued for a period in excess of 14 consecutive days, provided that permits may be extended for like periods, upon a new application, unless another applicant has requested use of the same location and multiple occupancy of that location is not reasonably possible.
(h) It is prohibited for persons engaged in the sale or distribution of printed matter under this section to obstruct or impede pedestrians or vehicles, harass visitors with physical contact or persistent demands, misrepresent the purposes or affiliations of those engaged in the sale or distribution, or misrepresent whether the printed matter is available without cost or donation.
(i) A permit may be revoked under any of those conditions, as listed in paragraph (c) of this section, that constitute grounds for denial of a permit, or for violation of the terms and conditions of the permit. Such a revocation shall be made in writing, with the reason(s) for revocation clearly set forth, except under emergency circumstances, when an immediate verbal revocation or suspension may be made, to be followed by written confirmation within 72 hours.
(j) Violation of the terms and conditions of a permit issued in accordance with this section may result in the suspension or revocation of the permit.