36 CFR 1008.11 - Request for notification of existence of records: Submission.
(1) Individuals desiring to determine under the Privacy Act whether a system of records contains records pertaining to them shall address inquiries to the Privacy Act Officer, The Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052, unless the system notice describing the system prescribes or permits submission to some other official or officials.
(2) Individuals desiring to determine whether records pertaining to them are maintained in two or more systems shall make a separate inquiry concerning each system.
(1) An inquiry to determine whether a system of records contains records pertaining to an individual shall be in writing.
(2) To expedite processing, both the envelope containing a request and the face of the request should bear the legend “PRIVACY ACT INQUIRY.”
(3) The request shall state that the individual is seeking information concerning records pertaining to him or herself and shall supply such additional identifying information, if any, as is called for in the system notice describing the system.
Title 36 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.