36 CFR 1008.22 - Petitions for amendment: Appeals.
(a) Right of appeal. Except for appeals pertaining to records under the jurisdiction of another agency, where a petition for amendment has been rejected in whole or in part, the individual submitting the petition may appeal the denial to the Executive Director.
(b) Time for appeal.
(1) An appeal must be received no later than 20 working days after the date of the decision on a petition.
(2) The Executive Director may, for good cause shown, extend the time for submission of an appeal if a written request for additional time is received within 20 working days of the date of the decision on a petition.
(c) Form of appeal.
(1) An appeal shall be in writing and shall attach copies of the initial petition and the decision on that petition.
(2) The appeal shall contain a brief statement of the reasons why the appellant believes the decision on the petition to have been in error.
(3) The appeal shall be addressed to the Executive Director, The Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.