36 CFR 1200.7 - What are NARA logos and how are they used?
(a) Agency logo. NARA has one official agency logo, which is illustrated as follows:View or download PDF
(b) The official agency logo is used:
(1) On agency letterhead and business cards;
(3) On exhibits;
(4) On publicity and other branding materials, and on items associated with a one-time or recurring NARA event or activity;
(5) On agency communications and presentations; and
(6) On other items as approved by the Archivist or his designee.
(d) Office and program logos. NARA's official office and program logos include, but are not limited to, those illustrated as follows:
(1) The Federal Records Center Program;View or download PDF
(2) The National Historical Publications and Records Commission;View or download PDF
(3) American Originals;View or download PDF
(4) Electronic Records Archives;View or download PDF
(5) The Archival Research Catalog;View or download PDF
(6) The Archives Library Information Center;View or download PDF
(7) Presidential Libraries;View or download PDF
(8) Federal Register publications.
(i) Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.View or download PDF
(ii) Regulations.gov and FedReg.gov Web sites.View or download PDF
(iii) Federal Register paper edition.View or download PDF
(iv) Code of Federal Regulations paper edition;View or download PDF
(9) Regional archives:
(i)View or download PDF
(ii) Each regional archives has the same logo design with the geographic location of the facility added.
(10) The Office of Government Information Services (OGIS);View or download PDF
(11) The Controlled Unclassified Information Office (CUI); andView or download PDF
(12) The National Declassification Center (NDC).View or download PDF
(e) Other official NARA logos. For inquiries on other official NARA logos, contact the Office of General Counsel (NGC). Send written inquiries to the Office of General Counsel (NGC), Room 3110, 8601 Adelphi Rd., College Park, MD 20740-6001.
(f) NARA uses its office, program, and other official logos (usually in conjunction with the agency logo) for official business, which includes, but is not limited to:
(2) Publicity and other materials associated with a one-time or recurring NARA event or activity;
(4) Officially approved internal and external publications; and
(g) Use of logos by others. NARA logos may be used by the public and other Federal agencies for events or activities co-sponsored by NARA, but only with the written approval of the Archivist or his designee. See Subpart C for procedures to request approval for use.