36 CFR 1232.10 - Where can a Federal agency transfer records for storage?

§ 1232.10 Where can a Federal agency transfer records for storage?

Federal agencies may store records in the following types of records storage facilities, so long as the facilities meet the facility standards in 36 CFR part 1234. Records transferred to a records storage facility remain in the legal custody of the agency.

(a) NARA Federal Records Centers. NARA owns or operates records centers for the storage, processing, and servicing of records for Federal agencies under the authority of 44 U.S.C. 2907. These NARA records centers include a National Personnel Records Center that contains designated records of the Department of Defense and the Office of Personnel Management and other designated records pertaining to former Federal civilian employees. A list of NARA Federal Records Centers is available from the NARA Web site at http://www.archives.gov/locations/index.html and also in the U.S. Government Manual, which is for sale from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Mail Stop: SSOP, Washington, DC 20402-9328, and is available on the Internet from http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.

(b) Records centers operated by or on behalf of one or more Federal agencies other than NARA.

(c) Commercial records storage facilities operated by private entities.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code