36 CFR 1260.52 - What are the procedures when agency personnel review records in NARA's legal and physical custody?
(a) NARA will:
(1) Make the records available to properly cleared agency reviewers;
(2) Provide space for agency reviewers in the facility in which the records are located to the extent that space is available; and
(3) Provide training and guidance for agency reviewers on the proper handling of archival materials.
(b) Agency reviewers must:
(1) Follow NARA security regulations and abide by NARA procedures for handling archival materials;
(2) Use the Standard Form (SF) 715 and follow NARA procedures for identifying and documenting records that require exemption, referral, or exclusion in accordance with section 3.3 of the Order or 32 CFR 2001.30(p); and
(3) Obtain permission from NARA before bringing into a NARA facility computers, scanners, tape recorders, microfilm readers, and other equipment necessary to view or copy records. NARA will not allow the use of any equipment that poses an unacceptable risk of damage to archival materials. See 36 CFR part 1254 for more information on acceptable equipment.
(4) Provide NARA with information, as requested by the Archivist and/or NDC Director, on their review so as to facilitate the processing of referrals and archival processing.